I've been working with Mezzanine for a little while and I'm a bit confused
on whether or not I'm handling the static files correctly. With Django, to
create a new home page, I would redirect the root url to the app in my main
project's urls.py file, then put a new entry in my app's urls.py file
pointing to the view which then renders the template. Within the app, I
know that I can create a templates file and static folder. Once I get far
enough into the project where I'm ready to deploy, I can call collectstatic
to bring all of my files together. Working on this new Mezzanine project, I
started the project, created the app, created the db and then called
collecttemplates which brought all of my templates and static files into
one main templates folder and one main static files folder. I've edited the
base.html and index.html files to get my home page setup. My plan is to
create a templates folder within the app, just like any Django project, and
use the static tag to load any static files from the main static folder. As
I complete each template, I'll call collectstatic with the -t flag and
specify the individual template.
    I just wanted to check with any more experienced users if my process is
correct or if there's a better procedure. I know from my research that
creating a new theme involves creating a new app and loading it into
INSTALLED_APPS, but since I'm not completely overhauling the theme
(although I may be adding Zurb Foundation files to my static files), I
figured this wasn't really necessary. Can anyone please advise if there's a
better way or if I'm ok to do this for a first time project? Just don't
want to run the fabric file and have to redo this.

Thanks in advance,
Tony