I have just released a first beta of cartridge_braintree.
It implements the new v.zero API and has optional support for PayPal payments.
It uses client-side card validation and number formatting based on the jQuery
plugin from payform.
After it sends the errors to the server to make them django errors.
Card number and CVV are not sent to the server but processed with Javascript
and referenced by a token.

When you activate PayPal, you can choose between card or PayPal payments, which
doesn't redirect to PayPal but a little popup to enter your login.

I tested it with Braintree sandbox and everything works fine. I didn't tested
it yet in production.

Please do some more testing and give me your feedback.

It's already uploaded to PyPI, you can install it with pip.

More info at https://github.com/henri-hulski/cartridge_braintree.

Regards,
Henri