I don't think there is any reason to monkey patch a view when you can just
override it in your urls.py by putting the urlpattern you want to override
above the cartridge urls. You can see an example of how I override the
product view in cartridge-downloads:
https://github.com/ryneeverett/cartridge-downloads#urlspy.