I have commented out the twitter app and base template like this ...

    {% block left_panel %}
    {% endblock %}

    {% block main %}{% endblock %}

{% comment %}
    {% nevercache %}
    {% include "includes/user_panel.html" %}
    {% endnevercache %}
      {% block right_panel %}
       {% ifinstalled mezzanine.twitter %}
       {% include "twitter/tweets.html" %}
       {% endifinstalled %}
      {% endblock %}
{% endcomment %}

... and it has disappeared successfully. My question is - how do I widen the main part of the page to take advantage of the new space?

Thanks for any hints

Mike