Yo!

Does anyone have any idea about this? Googling it seems to suggest it has
lingered for several years. It's a real annoyance because overall i really
like mezzanine and have developed a couple of sites with it now. I'm also
using windows 10 and everything else works great.

Would be great if i had any kind of workaround for this.

Anyone any idea?

Anyone at all?

I mean i spent a fair amount of time fiddling with it. Looking
here: https://docs.python.org/3/library/os.html

It says this:
Although Windows supports chmod()
<https://docs.python.org/3/library/os.html#os.chmod>, you can only set the
file’s read-only flag with it (via the stat.S_IWRITE and stat.S_IREADconstants
or a corresponding integer value). All other bits are ignored.

Now i'm not really all that knowledgeable in this area but is that saying
that because Mezzanine uses chmod that you can't actually change the file
permissions on windows through mezzanine?

If so could there be another way? Maybe changing the file permissions in
windows explorer somehow?

Welcome a discussion here folks. I know someone out there knows more about
this than i do. In fact i suspect their number may be legion.