Update of bug #12802 (project mhonarc):

Follow-up Comment #4:

I understand now what you are reporting.  I agree, the behavior
is inconsistent to what a user may expect.

The routing that converts the message header fields into html
works on the $fields hash directly, and since SUBJECTSTRIPCODE
is not applied to $fields->{subject}, the original subject
text will be rendered.

It appears that the fix you suggested is the simpliest that
fixes the problem.  I may add something that stores the
original subject in a special key of $fields for any
callback routines that may need it (and for potential
debugging purposes).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=12802>