On June 2, 2005 at 21:06, East Coast Coder wrote:

> The default setting of CHECKNOARCHIVE is currently off.  In my
> opinion, it should be on by default.

Probably.

> Basically, unless you say explicitly that you want otherwise,
> shouldn't we honor author's wishes as well as  the standards?

The default is off for behavioral compatibility reasons.  I.e.
CHECKNOARCHIVE did not exist in early versions of MHonArc, so
I wanted to avoid bogus bug reports about messages not getting
archived.  Many users are still unaware of the no-archive flag
in messages.

Switching the default to On is something to consider whenever the
next major release (like 2.7) happens.

--ewh