--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

(Apologies if this ends up with dups, having some email issues today)

John and Paul,

First, thanks for the input.  I'm with both of you on the fact that we don't
need a high profile first speaker (though it's always fun to kick of things
in a big way.)  I am going to still canvas for high profile folks to come at
speak in the future at LWE, as it's always fun to hear one talk.  Odds were
slim we'd have one for March anyway.

So the next question is, who on the list would like to speak or give a
presentation over the coming months?  I was thinking on giving a talk on
making a Web Photo Album in Linux (from interfacing with the digital camera,
doing basic Gimp tricks, and then using bins to build the album) sometime
later in the year, as a lot of folks have digital cameras, and would
probably be interested in one or more steps in the soup to nuts process.  I
could even go over scanners briefly, as I went through that setup in the
past as well.  I could try to get this ready for March if we don't have
anything else.

Anyone else have something they'd like to give a talk on?  Or anyone want to
volunteer someone else for a talk. ;)  We probably want talks of basic to
intermediate Linux usage, or some kind of overview talk ("History of Linux
YYYYY" are often fun.  I'm betting we could get one of our members to do a
History of Linux Clusters talk.)  If its a usage talk, I'm always a fan of
one that does a soup to nuts process, so the listener walks away with a
concrete piece of knowledge they can apply somewhere else, however any
format
that the speaker wants to do works for me.  You get bonus points if you let
mhvlug post your talk on our website after the fact. :)

Remember, we've got 12 meetings a year, and I don't want to be talking more
than once, so we need another 10 or so volunteers to step up.  So be the
first on your block to speak at MHVLUG! :)

John, I'm also very glad that you feel the same way I do about the climate
of the LUG.  I really want to make sure that we make new comers feel very
welcome, and that this doesn't just turn into an "old boys network" kind of
thing.  I'll be sure to tap you to help me make sure that new folks feel
welcome and engaged when they show up.  I look forward to meeting you face
to face in March, if not before. :)

        -Sean

--=20
_______________________________________________________________________
                        =09
Sean Dague                [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
_______________________________________________________________________

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE+I2MGSamXem9TdyYRAlCOAJ9a4XBLWSj0ktZ96cEpHplmhX/lkACfbkzI
THBKXGeGfChcWxigE/8uWeg=
=l7ZS
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug



Reply via email to