I've been using the free version from no-ip "forever" and I haven't had any
problems with it. I only need a single host and you do have to do a
confirmation every month.

http://freeddns.noip.com/

They do have a enhanced service that adds a bunch more hosts and eliminates
the monthly confirmation at $25/yr

Mike