Eduard,

you are right that it might not be that much work to move to non-static
ORB_instance variable. I already also suggested to you to have a look at
static variables for IIOPProxy and IIOPServer objects since you will
need to decide if you like to have them static (as they are now) and
hence shared between several ORBs or you would like to have them
allocated per ORB instance basis. Seeing your direction I would prefer
later.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I share your view about elegant or
not-elegant OCP POA solution. I think it's quite elegant to use ORB_init
to get one ORB per whole application in whatever library you use and use
OCP to set appropriate IP endpoint as you require.

Cheers,
Karel

Siemens Eduard wrote:
> Karel,
> thanks for your prompt answer.
> The point is - it seems to be not so difficult to move from a static variable
> to member, since the variable seems to be really used only within the file
> orb.cc.
> Hovewer, in total, mico is a lot of code, so may be I have overseen some
> details. So it would be fine, if one of the mico gurus could give hist
> comment. Nevertheless, it seems to me be worth enough to spent a couple of
> hours at least to try with different orb instances...
>
> BTW, the way with different POAs seems to me not to be such an elegant way.
> The background of the problem is - I use CORBA within different libraries
> totally independently. This couple of libraries are tight together in diffent
> application in a different way. So, sometimes I have only one Corba instance,
> somtimes two. So, I don't have a clear master-slave relation between
> instances. So I can't presume one orb is always there and can initialize the
> whole orb stuff.
>

> Regards,
> Eduard

Karel Gardas                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]