How are you using the FILE_INFO_var on the client side? I suspect you're doing something like:
FILE_INFO_var fi;
LoadFile(fi);

.. which will fail with the inout parameter because the _var contains a null pointer. Instead, it should be:
FILE_INFO_var fi = new FILE_INFO;
LoadFile(fi);

Hope that helps.

p.s. If I'm interpreting your idl correctly, you don't need FILE_INFO because, rather than sending the readsize separately you could use the length() method of the FILE sequence var type. Then again, I don't really know what you're using readsize for.

zhi lee wrote:
I made a mistake in the last mail
it should be "boolean LoadFile( ..., out FILE_INFO file );" in the second idl file