C. Hudley wrote:
On 12/8/05, David Janes -- BlogMatrix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've added xFolk [1] to the list of microformats the Almost Universal
Microformat Parser handles.

Examples:
http://tinyurl.com/cddta (http://unalog.com/)

This is very cool, thanks!

What is the intended meaning of the repeating "@uri =
http://unalog.com"; here?  Is it intended to be the identifier for the
entry?  I'm asking because there is a URI of sorts embedded in the
COinS for each entry (see [EMAIL PROTECTED](Z3988)]).

"@uri" and in fact "@anything" are little pieces of information the parser has picked up among the way, not necessarily part of the uF. In this particular case, it's the uri of the page being parsed.

There's another I added this morning, called '@index' which allows the uF element to be corresponded to the parsed version. For example, '@id=vevent-3'means that the 3rd element with "vevent" in the class attribute is the one that was parsed.

Over on gcs-pcs-list we've been talking about a simplification of the
COinS spec when simply indicating what-the-identifier-is, which is
(obviously) rather lost inside the OpenURL ContextObject inside the
span.  Lately we've considered instead just using "class='uri'" and a
URI in a title or as the textnode content.  I'm experimenting with
something like this in the canary database as well.

How about rel="bookmark" (i.e. rel-bookmark) Not only is it used in hAtom, it's also part of the HTML spec [1]

All of which brings me back to the question of clarifying where the
identifiers are...

Regards, etc...
David

[1]