On 5/19/06, Tantek Çelik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

* The use of QNames is *NOT* a use of "standard XML namespaces", not by a
long shot. QNames don't work with CSS Selectors, thus being impractical for
presentation, thus failing to satisfy the primary use of semantic markup.

I wonder about that too.

At the OpenDocument TC, we discussed another way to sort of split the
difference here, which is to allow an optional uri to be attached to a
style. So, you use styles just as normal, but have the ability to
attach further semantics to the definition.

* The fact that this draft had to invent a new form of URI (CURIE) should be
a strong indicator that there is something wrong.  Whenever you find
yourself inventing new piece of technology for an orthogonal part of the
stack, it usually means you're doing something wrong in your layer.

Yeah, but I think the problem here is with QNames, not RDFA.

Bruce