On Aug 29, 2006, at 6:19 AM, Paul Kinlan wrote:

Has anybody had any luck getting technorati to send pingerati pings to
a service.  I have asked to get hCard Requests to my web-site so that
I can do some analysis but I have had no response for over a week
about the progress of my request.

I also sent a request, probably a month ago, to get pings from Pingerati and have not yet received a response. I've been too distracted by other projects to ask about it on the #technorati IRC channel, but that would be my next step. This list might also work.

I also have another question or two:
How are people proactivly processing Microformats?
Do you crawl the Internet?

Yes.

Or do you use other services like Pingerati?

I'd like to.

 If you do use other services what do you use?

I'm still crawling for microformats here, though depending on what kind of input I get from Pingerati, I may stop doing that in a future incarnation:

http://www.randomchaos.com/microformats/base/

Results are in hAtom, so you should be able to consume that easily with any hAtom parser. If you're looking for hCards, here's every URL I've found to contain hCards (likely slow to load, as it's not a paged list):

http://www.randomchaos.com/microformats/base/?key=vcard

But I'm sure Technorati has a lot more, and I'm not doing any sort of pinging.

Peace,
Scott