Re: [uf-discuss] Use of (also ) and Accessibility

Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:21:05 -0700

On 21 Sep 2006, at 20:05, Andy Mabbett wrote:
There're some interesting views about the use of <Abbr> by microformats,
on the Accessify forum:

        <ttp://www.accessifyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6167>

also an interesting take on the non-use of <object>.

I'm a little confused reading through that: The debate about whether the use of ABBR is fine and well, I follow that, but maybe I came too late the Microformats community to understand the references to OBJECT.

I was under the impression that the OBJECT bugs in Safari were related to the first generation include pattern, prompting the creation of rel-include. Can someone link me to a post in the archives that concerns the OBJECT and ABBR for datetimes issue the Accessify thread raises?

In general, the _theoretical_ ABBR discussion is well based, datetime is a new use and perhaps it stretches the element too far… maybe not. The thing is though, people love to talk their interpretation of the semantics and expected behaviours but I'm yet to see anyone with access to assistive technology produce examples to demonstrate problems (or otherwise).