On Sep 29, 2006, at 2:56 AM, Lorenzo De Tomasi wrote:

A proposal can be:

<abbr class="unit money" title="USD per barrel">$/barrel</abbr> <span
class="value">10,5</span>

I have not yet studied "Related microformats" (I'll do it), but, if I
have understood the example, another proposal can be:

              <abbr class="unit money" title="USD">$</abbr>
      a <span class="item fn">barrel</span>

What do you think?

I don't think many are publishing the currency and the product combined as in the first "USD per barrel" example, so it's a non- starter. I think the ability of a machine to know what that "$10" is a monetary amount, and which currency the "$" suggests is valuable enough by itself. I suggest we leave the possibilities of combing it with other types of data (e.g. products, dates, job listings, etc.) to be explored after this basic standard gains some traction.

Peace,
Scott