>>I believe you answer will be "what about unicode where we are not using
>>[A-Za-z0-9] and if so, I would say that is when you add a symbol. In my
>>example, <symbol> is the non-[A-Za-z0-9] character(s) *if* no symbol is
>>explicitly specified. Can you give me an example where that would not
>>work?
>        yy <span class="currency" title="USD">$zz 5.99</span>
>Where yy and zz are, say Japanese or Urdu characters (where zz might mean,
again for example, "approximately).

I'm sorry, I made a mistake in my question. I didn't mean to say is non
[digits+periods+commas] (I don't know how to write the regex at the
moment.).  So in your example, clearly it would require specifying the
symbol.  But when only digits and seperators?

-Mike

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mike Schinkel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>