On 7 Nov 2006, at 17:03, Ciaran McNulty wrote:
that makes rel="vote-for" mean "This url is a vote for the
current page".

Correct. However, this isn't mentioned in the spec or anywhere because it has an issue with authority.

I could say 'That page over there is a vote for me'. That isn't authoritative, I could say that Google, Technorati, Tantek and Siegfrief Gipp all voted for my resource but an application shouldn't use that data, since I could be lying about it.

Now you could still do this, but an application would have to inspect each of those resources to make sure the votes were really valid.

Of course, that's still a valid use and does have assistive value to applications, but the authoritative relationship of vote-* is still @rev. That's why the spec talks in terms of @rev.

Now, that's not to say the Wiki couldn't be expanded to describe what I've just said (but, y'know, better), but it certainly _is_ to say you cannot take @rel=vote-* to mean anything but the opposite of @rev=vote-*.

Ben