On 12/7/06, Ryan King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The RDF dream of having a generic parser and model has yet to win on
the open web. I'm more than happy to let the market decide whether
it's more value to have formats that are easy to publish, or those
that are easy to parse (I'm sure you can guess which side I'll take).

Why does this need to be an either/or choice?  Why must
ease-of-authoring trade-off generality here?

Also, I'm not sure how 'people not getting their pet properties' is a
problem specific to microformats.

True. It doesn't mean it has to repeat the same mistake though. I
would certainly hope the HTML 5 effort would be open minded about
learning from all of the efforts in this space.

Bruce