On 2/1/07, Karl Dubost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Le 1 févr. 2007 à 19:36, Kevin Marks a écrit :
> On Jan 31, 2007, at 11:25 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>       At first, I say "cool, very cool!". Then, taking a step
>> back, I think what about the documents which have been created for
>> the last 15 years before microformats effort existed. These
>> documents contain class names which are probably and most
>> certainly very similar to some values defined by microformats
>> community.
>
> Karl, can you document instances of use of 'vcard', 'vevent',
> 'hfeed,' 'hresume', 'hreview' etc before microformats defined them?

Agreed on that.
Notice that you selected some specific class names.

The specific class names are "root" class names. Non-root class names
(e.g. "title") only make "microformats sense" if they're under the DOM
tree of a root class name. The root class names have been chosen not
to conflict with known existing uses [1][2].

Regards, etc...
David

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/naming-principles#Unique_Root_Class_Names
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing#root_class_name