On 8/27/07, Ben Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Since then the only additional information I've found is that Flickr
stores accuracy (as an integer) based on the zoom level of the map
when you place a photo. In fact, if you zoom all the way out and
place a photo you'll get a notice warning you that the location is
too approximate and the photograph won't show up at higher zoom levels.

I've been doing some work with Google's geocoder, encoding addresses
into co-ordinates for mapping purposes.

Google uses an 9-point enum that is specified as a
human-understandable scale rather than specific geographical terms:

0        Unknown location.
1        Country level accuracy.
2        Region (state, province, prefecture, etc.) level accuracy.
3        Sub-region (county, municipality, etc.) level accuracy.
4        Town (city, village) level accuracy.
5        Post code (zip code) level accuracy.
6        Street level accuracy.
7        Intersection level accuracy.
8        Address level accuracy.

Flickr uses a 16 point system: