In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Scott Reynen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

On Aug 31, 2007, at 8:18 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

I'd like to do some advocacy work with the Internet Movie Database,

You may have already found these:

http://imdb.com/help/licensing/contact
http://imdb.com/helpdesk/contact

Thank you; I tried the latter, but all I received by way of response was a boilerplate "Thank you for your interest..." type reply.

I think a named contact is needed; based on previous experience with large companies who use such techniques.

(Idiotically, they don't e-mail the reply, but send a URL where you can read it on their website).

Here's a similar site to IMDB you may also want to approach:

http://jameshome.com/freebase/fmdb/

Thanks, but that appears to be password protected.

--
Andy Mabbett