On 9 Oct 2007, at 18:39, Brian Miller wrote:
Great, so I can use the object.  So back to the original question: Can
the item information be separate from the first review and just included
in the first review using object?  If yes, then does that item
information need to be wrapped in hreview?

Yes it can. Our reviews have the ‘item’ part at the top of the page and then the reviews themselves appear further down.

Any tools to test and validate?

Operator for Firefox has a debug mode that shows the parsed object structure from the page, so you can see that everything is as you expect.

One HUGE update to what I've said previously though. I'll quote my other mail to the list from earlier today. In short, we've had a problem with using OBJECT, so switched to the alternative hyperlink include pattern instead (http://microformats.org/wiki/include- pattern#hyperlink_include_example)

[…] there appears to be a separate, very serious browser issue whereby browsers are making additional HTTP requests for each OBJECT include in a page, even though the data attribute is making a same-page fragment reference (#review-item or whatever).

I've swapped for the hyperlink include pattern (repeating the review item name as the InnerText of the anchor, so as not to create poorly accessible empty anchors).

Please do note the last point about including inner text in the hyperlink. The wiki is out of data and shows examples with empty A elements. That's bad accessibility practice, and I intend to rectify the examples once I get some consensus from my ‘OBJECT include pattern…’ thread.

Ben