Hi,

I'm new to the whole microformats thing, so excuse me if I'm repeating a question. fwiw I didn't find the answer in the FAQ.

I run an aggregator of blog posts about journal articles (researchblogging.org). Technically these are all reviews, because the blogger is offering her/his opinion about the article. But they're not typical of the type of reviews the general public might be familiar with (e.g. movies, restaurants). Generally a reviewer of a journal article doesn't rate it on a star system -- simply by virtue of discussing it a blogger is indicating the article is worthwhile.

That said, occasionally our users do take the opportunity to trash an article. I'd expect if we actually used a star rating system all our reviews would be either 0 or 5. But I see from the specs that star ratings are optional.

We're more interested in using a microformat to give content tags to a post -- is it about biochemistry or astrophysics? While it seems to me that hReview can do this, perhaps some other microformat would be better suited to our needs. We also considered xFolk, but that seems even less relevant to our situation.

Any suggestions? Any reason we *shouldn't* be using hReview?

Thanks!

Dave

--
Dave Munger