Details:

Previous releases have included a lot of repetitive code for microformat parsing. This release includes a new centralised function which takes care of 95% of microformat parsing. It means that I can make improvements to one single function which will then benefit parsing for all microformats.

Two improvements I've already made are:

* Improved datetime parsing, including support for HTML 5's <time> element; and * Better handling for nested microformats. For example, whereas previously Cognition would only parse an agent hCard if the class names "agent" and "vcard" were found on the same element, it is now able to cope with the "vcard" element being nested *inside* the "agent" element.

I've implemented support for the current hAudio draft <http:// microformats.org/wiki/haudio>. This information may be output as RDF, and in future versions I expect to be able to output it as a podcast in RSS or Atom.

I've also implemented support for the most recent draft of hResume <http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume>. Output is in RDF, using the DOAC (Description of a Career) vocab.

I've implemented support for the current species draft <http:// microformats.org/wiki/species-strawman-01>, in a manner broadly compatible with the existing user script for Operator. This information may be output as RDF, and (using extensions) hCard and iCalendar. Details of the support have been documented <http:// buzzword.org.uk/cognition/uf-plus.html#species>.

Implemented support for the latest hmeasure <http://microformats.org/ wiki/measure> draft, treating units as opaque strings.

Although it was intended as a joke, I've implemented XEN, the XHTML Enemies Protocol <http://xen.adactio.com/>. To use it, you MUST include the profile URI.

Lastly, I've continued extending Cognition's support for hCard to include support for new vCard 4.0 (draft) properties. In this revision, this has included changing "lang" from a singular property to a plural property, and adding support for the "member" property, which may take a URL or an embedded hCard. e.g.

 class="fn org url">Microformats Community</a> include:</p>
 <ul>
  <li class="member vcard">
   <a class="url fn" href="http://tantek.com";>Tantek Celik</a>
  </li>
  <li class="member vcard">
   <a class="url fn" href="http://suda.co.uk";>Brian Suda</a>
  </li>
  <li>
   <a class="member" href="http://adactio.com/";>Jeremy Keith</a>
  </li>
  <li>
   <a class="member" href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">Toby Inkster</a>
  </li>
 </ul>

This syntax is achieved by extrapolating the existing hCard standard from vCard 3.0 to vCard 4.0 draft.

Feedback is welcomed.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>