IMHO, what this highlights is the need to push adoption of plugins
that make it easier to publish microformatted html in blog posts and
such.

A few of us who write posts by hand, have no problem sprinkling
microformats in our posts, but to become common place, we need to have
the mainstream bloggers using this... and this calls for widgets that
help publishing microformats.

http://microformats.org/wiki/wordpress-plugins

good point -
I remember seeing the "Structured Blogging" plugin for Wordpress a few years ago ...

I'll have to check out some of those others..
..maybe something could be ported to other popular CMS (eg Drupal, Xoops, Joomla, phpBB, etc)?