Hi Karsten,

On 2 Sep 2008, at 17:23, Karsten Januszewski wrote:

Hi - I'm a developer at Microsoft working on a project that involves parsing and consuming Microformats. I've noticed quite a few implementations of hCards out in the wild that use the url property with a relative path instead of an absolute path.

This is completely valid. Publishers mark-up URLs just as they would for any hyperlink in their page. Anything that's valid in the href attribute is valid in hCard. It's very much the role of the parser to handle URLs in all their applicable forms.

I didn't see anything on the wiki about this...

There won't be anything specific on the wiki because there are no restrictions over the existing usage in HTML.

Good luck!

Ben