Am 23.12.2011 14:23, schrieb Robin Winslow:
> not? And I thought of using <aside> to denote left and right columns,
> with classes like "pre" and "post" but I don't know if this is
> standard either.

It's not standard, but the idea is interesting. At least, as long as the
2 aside containers contain side-notes to the article or something
similar. Aside is not meant as a presentational positioning but as a
logical grouping.

I do often use the w3c aria landmark role values as class values
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles#landmark_roles

Additionally it might be an idea to check RDFa and f.ex. dublin core for
more useful class names.