On Sep 28, 2007, at 2:20 PM, Julian Stahnke wrote:

Secondly, is there any means of marking up *just* an artist? I guess that might be out of the scope of the haudio microformat, but it would be quite important to have this possibility. There certainly are pages out there who only mention an artist without naming any specific tracks, and the role property of hCard seems not very suitable for that task as very few people would write—in a blog post, for example—‘the artist so-and-so’.

I’m sorry if the second thing doesn’t belong in this thread, I’ve never before used a mailing list. Should I open a separate issue for this?

When you recognize something is out of scope for a given thread, yes, you should open a separate thread.

I mark up musician hCards with class="band vcard", e.g.:

http://playinghere.com/band/tylerjames/

You should start with semantic HTML (whether or not it matches what I've done). Then if you then see value in standardizing your semantic HTML among multiple publishers (with a microformat or otherwise), this publishing experience will serve as a useful guide.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com