Dear Micronet:

Starting next month, bConnected will begin working with mailing list owners
to migrate mailing lists from CalMail to Google Groups as part of our move
from CalMail to Google Apps for Education
<https://inews.berkeley.edu/articles/Jan-Feb2012/GoogleAppsEd>. In addition
to being a robust replacement for our current mailing list tools,
bConnected Lists will offer the full capabilities of Google Groups for
Business <https://apps.google.com/learning-center/products/groups/#/list>.
They will allow for seamless integration with our suite of Google Apps like
bMail, bCal, and bDrive, and have the flexibility to be set up as an email
list, online message archive, web forum, or collaborative inbox.

Mailing list owners will have through the end of December, 2016 to
transition their mailing lists. Direct outreach to current mailing list
owners and departments will occur over the next few weeks, and will include
instructions on how to migrate lists. Stay tuned on our site (
https://bconnected.berkeley.edu) for more details, including training and
support materials.

In addition, the CalNet Identity and Access Team will be integrating
CalGroups <https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-departments/calgroups>
with Google Groups for Business, to allow centrally-managed groups to be
used within Google. They will be releasing more information about the
availability of that integration soon.
Timeline

April 2016 - mailing list owners can migrate their lists to Google, users
can create new mailing lists in Google, no new mailing lists created in
CalMail

June 2016 - departments with subdomain lists will be able to migrate their
lists to Google

December 2016 - CalMail Lists service (Mailman) will be shutdown
Training & Support

User Support - CSS-IT is preparing to support users who have questions or
need help transitioning their mailing lists to Google

Online Training - a complete set of online documentation, training &
support materials will be made available at bconnected.berkeley.edu as well
as in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base

Workshops - workshops to support mailing list migrations to Google will be
offered to faculty & staff at the ETS Academic Innovation Studio
<http://ais.berkeley.edu/> and other strategic locations on campus

Departmental Consultation - departments who manage subdomains with mailing
lists will be contacted and provided support and consultation tailored to
their department’s needs

Please contact us with any questions or concerns:
bconnected-service-t...@berkeley.edu.

*--*

*Jennifer Bellenger*

Change & Engagement Manager