Hi,

Ever work on a jigsaw puzzle only to discover that many pieces are hiding under sofa cushions, mixed in with other puzzles or have moved on to the great dumpster in the sky?

Do you often get that same vibe when it comes to the large (and small) projects you are working on. You know the drill: You finish off some work only to find a teammate did the same work just a few weeks ago. You laboriously figure out how something works only to to discover, in casual conversation with a teammate, that excellent directions already exist. Or you provide information to customers only to discover that outdated documentation provided the wrong answer.

Yep we've all been there but luckily there are better ways to organize things. At thisMonday's Agile meeting Michelle Bautista (CSS), Jon Conhaim (TPO) and Marlita Kahn (IST) will all be talking about better ways to organize large (and small) projects so that all of the project participants stay on the same page. This is the first in a two part series. On April 18, we are going to have a panel on electronic tools (Jira, SharePoint, Google Docs and Slack) that can help keep teams organized.

See youat noon.

Judy  (for the Agile Organizing Committee)

Time: Noon to 1:30,Monday, March 21, 2016
Place: 101A Warren Hall (corner of Oxford and Hurst)
Online: To join the Meeting:
https://bluejeans.com/602366821 <https://bluejeans.com/602366821>

To join via Browser:
https://bluejeans.com/602366821/browser <https://bluejeans.com/602366821/browser>

To join with Lync:
https://bluejeans.com/602366821/lync <https://bluejeans.com/602366821/lync>

To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System:bjn.vc <http://bjn.vc/>-or- 199.48.152.152
Meeting ID: 602366821

To join via Phone:
1) Dial:
+1.408.740.7256 <tel:%2B1.408.740.7256>
+1.888.240.2560 <tel:%2B1.888.240.2560>(US Toll Free)
+1.408.317.9253 <tel:%2B1.408.317.9253>(Alternate number)
(see all numbers -http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID: 602366821

    *Agile**Brown Bag FAQ*

    *
    *

    *Who can come to the meetings?*
    Anyone with an interest in Agile is welcome at the meeting.   We
    learn by having everyone from Agile neophytes to long time
    users share their knowledge and experience.

    *Do you have to register beforehand?*
    No registration is required.  Just come to the meeting.  But for
    this meeting I would really appreciate an email RSVP so that we
    can be sure to have enough room.

    *How can I get more information about the meetings?*
    Please get in touch with the meeting coordinator, Judy Dobry
    (<mailto:jdo...@berkeley.edu>jdo...@berkeley.edu
    <mailto:jdo...@berkeley.edu>).

    *Do you have a Web site?*
agile.berkeley.edu <http://agile.berkeley.edu/> is our web site. It has all kinds of materials for both new and experienced agile users

    *How do I add myself to your mailing list?*
    Go to http://agile.berkeley.edu <http://agile.berkeley.edu/>.

    *Do you have any other **Agile** activities?*
    We have an hour long introduction to Agile that we are happy to
    present to any campus group that requests it.

    *Who organizes all this?
*We have an Organizing Committee that anyone is welcome to join. Current members include Michelle Bautista(CSS), Kim Carl (VC -
    Research), Jon Conhaim (TPO), Judy Dobry (Grad Div), Devin Jones
    (Law), Marlita Kahn (IST), Wendy Pennell (EECS),  Donna Seaward
    (Haas), Kendall Moalem (CSS) and Ken Sumikawa (SAIT)

--
Judy Dobry
Director, Systems