Hi All,

As promised, here is a more direct response to Morteza’s original question:

*“...she is just curious to know whether all her emails will be completely
wiped out or will be kept on the servers for specified number of years?”*

Faculty and staff can retain their bConnected Google account by signing up
for the Retiree bMail Service.

If a retiree does not sign up for the retiree service, their account will
be deactivated. At that point, the retiree should have no expectation of
being able to retrieve old email.

To re-affirm my statement earlier in response to Charles’ post, here is our
FAQ for “Can Google sell, monetize, or otherwise use my email or data
stored with my bConnected Google account?
<https://bconnected.berkeley.edu/privacy-security/google-apps-privacy-faq#what_datamonetize>
”

*The agreement that UC Berkeley utilizes for its Google Apps for Education
Service (including bMail, bCal, Drive, and others) does not allow for
Google use of our data for any purposes other than to fulfill its
obligations to deliver the service to us under our agreement.  UC Berkeley
does not believe that scanning for the purpose of serving ads anywhere is
an allowed use under our agreement.*

For more details, please refer to our extensive Google Apps Privacy FAQ
<https://bconnected.berkeley.edu/privacy-security/google-apps-privacy-faq>.
If you have specific questions, feel free to contact us directly at
bconnec...@berkeley.edu

Best Regards,

Jon Hays

Service Manager, bConnected

[image: University of California, Berkeley] *Jon Hays*
Service Manager, bConnected Collaboration Services
IST-Architecture, Platforms & Integration (API)
jonmh...@berkeley.edu | 510-672-5493

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonmhays>  <http://twitter.com/vcrkid>
<http://plus.google.com/+JonHays-Berkeley>