Hi Everyone,

I am a new middlegen user trying to integrate Hibernate with an existing database schema. When I run my MiddleTask in the buildfile it is able to connect to the Oracle 10g database correctly, but the GUI never appears. When I run against another similar database, the GUI does appear and seems to work properly.

My first guess was that the first database (my dev environment) is just a lot slower than the other. However, even after 30-40 minutes of hanging after the connection step, it never proceeded to the next step of displaying the GUI, whereas with the other database it only took about 5 minutes. Both databases are large, with hundreds of tables, however the schema I am referencing in the buildfile only has about 12 tables.

Does anyone know what commands Middlegen uses to gather all the metadata for oracle? Maybe there is some internal restriction in this dev database that is causing this process to hang... If anyone has any suggestions, info, or speculation, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
David

middlegen 2.1
ant 1.6.5