On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Dariusz Debowczyk wrote:

> is there any way to smoothly transfer my mods to new admin pages? I guess it
> isn't. So what can I do? Rewrite all changes every time new version of
> Midgard appears?

The Midgard admin site is just a midgard application, not an integral
component of the midgard core. So yes, if you want to have functionity
of the new admin site you'll have to merge them by hand.

> Or maybe join project and include my modifications to
> standard Midgard admin site?

If the modifications are of general use, good idea.

> I need to restrict access to objects that are
> not owned by current user - not even show them. I guess 2.0 will solve this
> but what about other changes?

You mean what other changes 2.0 will bring? As little as possible,
preferably none. Additions there will be plenty of.

> I'm working on table editing and administration tool to my site (I'm sick of
> telling users how to put all this funny <table> stuff into their content).

Another option is to use PUT uploads. The HTML editors in Netscape and
Explorer know how to deal with this.

> I'm not very happy when I imagine all this copy/paste (and not only) work
> when 2.0 will come.

We'll make every effort that your custom admin site will just work
in 2.0

> I'm also creating a set of shop-building functions and
> thinking about built-in personalization of admin site to my users. I thought
> about rebuilding Midgard to dynamically serve appropriate function modules
> and GUI (layout and design) basing _strictly on user prefs_ - administrative
> tools for admin, layout building tools for designer, editing tools for
> editor, etc. What about this?

Seems like a plan. Make it so[0].

Emile

[0] I allways wanted to say this.