Hello,

I am working on cleaning up the Teller management module and wanted to run
the following change by the mailing list

For the teller module, we need to be able to identity all cash transaction
done a  teller easily, this identification helps us switch out the fund
source for all teller transactions (loan disbursements, repayments, savings
deposits etc) with the cash account mapped to a teller.

Currently, payment types are user defined, so there is no way for me to
identify a payment type as a Cash payment.

To help with the same and based on the assumption that inn the future we
will be doing a lot of other activity based on payment types, I am planning
to move payment types from user defined code values to their own table.

To do so I will be making the following changes

1) Firstly, removing foreign key associations from m_payment details to
code value

Migrate all payment related code values to a new table (m_payment_type).
This table would have a flag to identify cash payment types
(is_cash_payment).

The primary key value for migrated data in m_payment_type would be their
original code value Id's, so now I can add foreign keys from
m_payment_details to this table

2) I would add API's to create/edit and delete payment types and consume
them under "Organization tab" in the community app

To ensure that existing api's do not break, the same signature would be
maintained for all repayment templates etc (where payment type is treated
as a code value)

Please let me know if anybody has any comments regarding the same

The Jira for the same has been created at MIFOSX-1904

Thanks,

Mithun