Fineract is the defacto platform (earlier mifos x core). All enhancements
to the platform happens from there. It has its own jira repository.

Mifos X is one of the distributions of fineract. It has value adds like
pentaho reports on the platform and additional components like community
app, Android app etc. It has the traditional jira repository that should be
containing issues or enhancements related to these value adds.

Since fineract is in incubation and we have just started with it, not all
issues are migrated to fineract. Also some of the contributors are still
using mifos jira repository for issues or enhancements. We have to educate
the community to use proper repositories.

So, one fine day we should see only fineract issues in fineract releases
but mifos x releases would contain both fineract and mifos issues.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
Adi