Hi all,

I wanted to bump this thread to the top once more as it's critical part of
the journey to parity and I was hoping for some input from partners and
users in our community who have been focused on these methodologies for
better of the past decade. Ashok and Nayan will soon be providing some
feedback on this thread.

I also have a product management volunteer, Tancred, who is willing to jump
on some calls with folks and document your requirements and consolidate
requirements from the previous two generations of software along with the
needs of other group-based methodologies all in the context of the new
Fineract CN architecture. Getting a clear spec in space is critical for
equipping any future contributors/interns to work on such projects. I've
cc'd Tancred on this email.

As we seek to come to consensus of how we can extract the strengths of
Fineract 1.x and its support of group-based operations and layer on them
greater flexibility and benefits of the new architecture, we'll consider
some of the following questions:

*Group FormationAdministration*
- Formation of the Group
- Existence within the Center Hierarchy
- Group Details Tracking (Officers, Attendance, Training, etc)
- Transfers/Interactions of Clients Across Groups
- Clients belonging to one or multiple groups.
- Permission of Loan Officers/Data Scoping Related to Groups
- Assigning of Loan Officers to Groups.

*Calendar/Meeting*
- At what level is this tracked - what activities can occur during a
meeting, how interlinked to repayment schedule is the meeting, etc.
- Collection Sheet Functionality - Generating collection sheet report and
bulk entry interface for group/center data

*Accounting at Group Level*
- Here is where we had the biggest gap between support for joint liability
group lending and what was needing for savings groups to allow for
bookkeeping and settlement at the group level.

*Loan Product Management*
- Just as we've done with Fineract 1.x - all loan parameterization that is
available to an individual loan should be available at a group loan level
as well. Likewise, charges, collateral tracking, guarantors should all
function similarly for group as it does individuals.
- Likewise for deposit product management, I would assume a group or center
is just another entity that you could then attach savings or deposit
account too.

*Monitoring at Account Level *
- This is where we get into the distinctions between the various forms of
group loans in this wiki page (https://mifosforge.jira.com/
wiki/spaces/MIFOSX/pages/31358990/Loan+Tracking+strategies) and where
complexity and confusion comes in - at what level of tracking is done, loan
at group or individual level, co-liability amongst borrowers/group members,
are individual amounts different, is there a repayment schedule at an
individual or group level, does the loan get counted in the loan cycle
counter/go into their credit history, etc.
- At what level do repayments occur - for integrations with mobile money,
this is an important distinction to make.
- Loan Cycle Counter & Linkage to Graduation