Why shouldn't it differ, they expect different hardware to be used for different roles?

I am pretty sure MT does not use the same default settings across hardware platforms, though they are similar.

I have not run into one that is not completely cleared when told to not use it after first boot.

On 9/20/2017 7:53 PM, Grand Avenue Broadband via Mikrotik-users wrote:
I don't use the stock programming for anything, so there's that.  And this is a good example of why I don't.

But the stock programming shouldn't differ between a mAP lite and a hAP lite.

On Sep 20, 2017, at 4:49 PM, Chris Hudson <ch...@htswireless.com <mailto:ch...@htswireless.com>> wrote:

Did you custom program the hap or just use the stock programming? Mikrotik has some stock firewall rules that kill inbound connections from winbox, telnet, etc. Internally, you shouldn’t have any issues.
Chris
*From:*mikrotik-users-boun...@wispa.org <mailto:mikrotik-users-boun...@wispa.org>[mailto:mikrotik-users-boun...@wispa.org]*On Behalf Of*Grand Avenue Broadband via Mikrotik-users
*Sent:*Friday, September 01, 2017 3:31 PM
*To:*Jan Van Kort; Mikrotik Users
*Subject:*Re: [Mikrotik Users] manage setting on hAP?
Kind of depends what tool you use to remote into it, and what functions might block that.  I install both mAP lite and hAP lite under CPEs (depending on whether the customer needs more ports or fewer occupied outlets) and they work identically for me. If you turned ROMON on, you can pretty much always Winbox into it over ROMON.  It's worth turning ROMON on in every router, just for circumstances like this.