Had a CCR1009 get blown by lightning today. The only thing I had with an SFP to swap in its place was an RB2011UiAS.

Typically running peak of about 500Mbps in traffic in the evenings.

I have disabled the LCD, turned off connection tracking, disabled all mangle rules, and disabled as many filter rules as possible without compromising security (3 simple port filter rules remain). All services are disabled except SSH and Winbox for management. No NAT rules are enabled (some are configured, but they are disabled).

BGP is in use with one peer, receiving only a default route by filter (peer sends all routes, but I'm filtered for only default).

The only interfaces in use are ether1, ether5 and sfp1. All are routed (no switch or bridges configured). Each interface, except sfp1, has one VLAN for telemetry management.

I'm still seeing 70-100% cpu usage at only around 150Mbps (13kpps) with /nearly /all traffic falling in to Fast Path on 6.43.16 with the CPU set to 750MHz.

Have I missed any performance tuning options? I just need it to work half way decent for the night, I have a new CCR1009 on the way.

-  Nick Bright                                -
-  Vice President of Technology               -
-  Valnet -=- We Connect You -=-              -
-  Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789  -
-  Web http://www.valnet.net/                 -