On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Keith Barber wrote:

Except for this one client. Who's connected to the ap that is the only one doing the vlan tagged setup. They weren't having any real problems surfing, but they couldn't do remote desktop. Did some searching on google, most said it's MTU related.

I would agree. It is almost certainly MTU. Ethernet has 1500 byte MTU, so does EoIP. EoIP has a small overhead (I think it's 4 bytes) and VLAN carries a 2 byte overhead. These 6 bytes are likely to be your problem.

Now with all that jibberish, is there anything particularly bad with have EoIP tunnels within a vlan? Another thought, is Mikrotik smart enough to strip the EoiP/Vlan tags in the right order, so they don't interfere with one another?

The tagging is handled correctly. Well, it's "removed" in the same order it is added, assuming everything is correctly set up. The only problem with EoIPoVLAN is going to be MTU. Your best bet is to experiment with Mangle at some router that is either before or after the EoIP tunnel. In mangle, you can set tcp mss, which will help you automatically set up the maximum packet size to "fit" inside the tunnel with vlan.