On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 15:59 -0700, Randy Cosby wrote:
> Riddle me this:  Let's say I've got a 4 port Mikrotik RouterOS
> device....  ports e1, e2, e3 and e4 ---

> I have incoming tagged and untagged traffic on port e1
> (VLAN 1 untagged, VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 tagged)

Ok..so you will have tagged traffic for VLAN2 and VLAN3, but traffic
without a tag should be sent on VLAN1 on another port?  Traffic going TO
VLAN1 and OUT ether1 should be tagged or not?

> -  I want to bridge ethernet-level traffic such that on port e2, VLAN 2
> traffic goes out untagged (and inbound untagged traffic goes to VLAN 2)

SO, anything leaving on e2, should not be tagged, but will be bridged to
VLAN2?

> and there is NO tagged traffic - on port e3, VLAN 3 traffic is untagged
> in and out (no tagged traffic at all)

If it is untagged, where does it need to enter/leave the router?

> - and finally, port e4 does VLAN 1
> traffic in/out untagged, no other traffic  -- CAN this be done?

SO...ether4 is bridged to ether1 and will pass traffic entering on
ether1 (which will not be tagged, but will be from VLAN1)?

> Basically e2, e3, and e4 are single-vlan only untagged ports on VLANs 2,
> 3, and 1 respectively, while e1 is a trunk with VLANs 2 & 3 tagged, but
> VLAN 1 untagged

I'm a little confused on a couple of points (asked for clarification
above).  If I DO understand what I think you are asking, then it should
be possible (at least part of it).

> Anyone done anything like this?   The challenge is that we need to do
> this bridged, not routed - kinda like using a switch.

I did some CRAZY vlan work for Centurytel about 2 years ago.  Your
scenario sounds like a breeze compared to what THEY wanted!  I'm not
sure I can create a configuration like this for free, but if you can
clarify, I can perhaps assist a little...

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *