On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 21:45 -0500, Terri Kelley wrote:
> with a generic script that they could edit for the changing items such
> as IP address for the bridge but remove the complete setup on the
> existing routered cpe. Otherwise they would need to look at the
> current setup of the existing cpe, remove the unwanted items such as
> ip addresses on the wlan and ethernet, nat etc., then make the bridge.

If you want a full config, then take a look at my blog for a sample
(it's a CPE router, but the framework is there and you can use it as a
guide).  Alternatively, you can do something like:

/interface bridge add
/interface bridge port
add interface=wlan1 bridge=bridge1
add interface=ether1 bridge=bridge1
/ip address set [find interface=wlan1] interface=bridge1
/ip address remove [find interface=ether1]
/ip firewall nat remove [find]

That should take a "standard" nat cpe and convert it to bridged config.
You may have to change the wlan1 card config and set it up to be
station-wds (add the following if so)

/interface wireless
set wlan1 mode=station-wds wds-mode=dynamic wds-default-bridge=bridge1

Add the above 2 lines between changing the IP and last interface being
added to the bridge.

This may not work exactly in your configuration, but it's the best I can
do without seeing/knowing your configuration.  When it runs, the IP
address that was assigned to the wlan1 interface will be moved to the
bridge, so you can still manage the device without needing to update
your network documentation.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *