On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 12:15 -0500, Chris Gotstein wrote:
> We acquired a WISP last year that is running trango APs and CPEs, and
> using a home built PC running RouterOS 2.9.x as the main router.  They
> are also running queues on the MT box to control traffic.  The trangos
> have bandwidth settings on the CPE side, both MIR and CIR.  Is there a
> reason to run both queues and CIR/MIR for this system?  I don't see a
> way to disable the CIR/MIR on the trangos, beside just setting it to its
> max setting.  Otherwise i could just get rid of the queues on the MT and
> just CIR/MIR on the Trango.  Any suggestions?

The CIR/MIR feature likely to only work when both AP and CPE are Trango.
It may work for one direction if you change either AP or CPE to another
device.  If this feature works well, then I would not worry about using
MT for the queues.  If it is not working well, then moving to a more
complete solution (such as the queues and full qos capability on the MT)
would be in order.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *