I am unable to access MiKTeX or update it.

MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: Windows API error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

Data:
path="C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9\miktex/data/le\1756f6ade37d5f870f23c05a7f81e257.fndb"
Source: Libraries\MiKTeX\Core\MemoryMappedFile\win\winMemoryMappedFile.cpp
Line: 83

This occurs when I try to access any of the MiKTeX programs. In addition,
pdflatex.exe doesn't work anymore with TeXStudio.

I have no idea how to proceed. I need to run as an administrator, if that
makes any difference.

--
Jerry