If mimedefang becomes unavailable for whatever reason I'd like it to continue to pass mail through to sendmail instead of giving the "Please try again later..." message.

The HOWTO says that I can remove F=T for my INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line in my sendmail.mc file and that should do it. eg. "...you may wish to allow incoming messages to be accepted if the filter fails. To do this, remove the F=T flag."

I did this and it did not work. I tried "F=" and no F= at all (eg. INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')). I still get the Please try again later. I remade my sendmail.cf, restarted everything, even rebooted the server.

Does anyone know why? "F=" works fine for my other two filters, failures with them and the message is passed through fine. But mimedefang always gives the please try again later no matter what I do...

Mimedefang 2.44
Sendmail 8.13.1
Linux 2.4.27

Thanks for any help.

_______________________________________________
Visit http://www.mimedefang.org and http://www.canit.ca
MIMEDefang mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/mailman/listinfo/mimedefang

Reply via email to