I'm running MIMEDefang 2.44, sendmail-8.12.11, clamav-0.83. I'm using the standard boilerplate provided on the web page http://sial.org/howto/mimedefang/clamav/ so that it action_bounce()'s on a positive virus.
For testing I modified the "if" statement in sub handle_virus() so that it doesn't action_discard() when there's a sobig virus, but action_bounce()'s instead. I then sent the sample sobig virus supplied by the web site. I'm getting ********** Apr 22 16:52:23 mailimap-test sm-msp-queue[6150]: j3N0qMxA006150: Losing ./qfj3N0qMxA006150: savemail panic Apr 22 16:52:23 mailimap-test sm-msp-queue[6150]: j3N0qMxA006150: SYSERR(root): savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere ********** A lot of the research I've done indicates a problem with the aliases file, specifically the postmaster definition. However, postmaster looks ok. I'm able to send normal messages to postmaster w/o a problem. These errors occur if I send the following on the machine: sendmail postmaster < ENTIRE_MESSAGE where the ENTIRE_MESSAGE is the sobig virus. I've also tried sending from another machine to the test machine, and while I don't get the savemail panic error above, I do get a "dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service unavailable" log error. I'm not optimistic anyone has seen this, given similar questions have been asked a year ago, with no answers given. === Al _______________________________________________ Visit http://www.mimedefang.org and http://www.canit.ca MIMEDefang mailing list [email protected] http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/mailman/listinfo/mimedefang

