On 5/20/2009 4:58 PM, Jonas Eckerman wrote:
Jeff Grossman wrote:

I am starting to use some third party clamav virus databases and would
like to score the results instead of just delete the e-mail which contains
a hit.


I'm doing this in a different way. I have to instances of clamd running.

One instance is only running official signatures and have phishing detection turned off, doesn't consider broken zip files as virii, etc. This is used by mimedefang-filter.

The other instance have some third party signature databases added, has phishing detection on, considers triggers on more stuff than the first instance. This instance is used by the SpamAssassin clamav plugin so it contributes to SA scores.


I did it in the way you suggests before, but I find this way easier since now I don't have to keep up with the signature namings.


This is a very interesting way to handle it. I am going to think about it and see if it is something I would be able to figure out. It definitely sounds like it make the maintenance side of things a lot easier. Not having to worry about new signature names, etc.

Thanks for the information.

Jeff
_______________________________________________
NOTE: If there is a disclaimer or other legal boilerplate in the above
message, it is NULL AND VOID.  You may ignore it.

Visit http://www.mimedefang.org and http://www.roaringpenguin.com
MIMEDefang mailing list [email protected]
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/mailman/listinfo/mimedefang

Reply via email to