On 2 Dec 2016, at 12:28, Marcus Schopen wrote:

Hi BenoƮt,

Am Freitag, den 02.12.2016, 16:57 +0100 schrieb Benoit Panizzon:

Hi all

Does anyone know, if it's possible to use

ClamdSock = "host:port";

in MIMEDefang?

I found very old posts stating, that clamd can only scan local files,
thus has to be called on the machine the file resides.

Is still this the case, or can the content to be scanned streamed via
inet socket to a clamd host?

As I understand it, clamav needs access to local /var/spool/MIMEDefang/

Ewww. That's correct. entity_contains_virus_clamd() uses "SCAN $path" when talking to the socket instead of "STREAM" so clamd must have access to the MD spool in the path as MD.

So my last message suggesting 'socat' was wrong; it won't work unless you have the MD spool shared between the MD host and the clamd host, mounted on the same path.