On 22 Nov 2017, at 16:39 (-0500), Kris Deugau wrote:
[...]
Right, sorry, I forgot about those kind of cases (even in the man page IIRC). I've always excluded those by just not passing their mail to SA - either because of some magic in my MIMEDefang setup, or by disabling the call to SA at final delivery to a mailbox.

You can set the score for this the same as any other rule, by adding this to sa-mimedefang.cf:

score USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO  -100

Note that this affects *all* whitelist_to entries; there is no way to selectively set a different score for each one. If you need to do that, you probably need to make larger changes in the mail flow for those recipients so you can bypass SA entirely, or process it but deliver as usual instead of quarantining for those recipients.

Not wanting to seem argumentative for its own sake or turn this into <spamassassin-us...@apache.org>, but this is from one of my local config files:

# Default is -6 but this is a more useful value
score USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO -3
# Default is -20 but that's too much for most exposed accounts
score USER_IN_MORE_SPAM_TO -10.000
# Default is -100 but "all" really shouldn't extend that far. There are limits...
score USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO -40.000

Because as 'perldoc  Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf' explains:

   There are three levels of To-whitelisting, "whitelist_to",
   "more_spam_to" and "all_spam_to". Users in the first level may
   still get some spammish mails blocked, but users in "all_spam_to"
   should never get mail blocked.

I use this to both protect role addresses and (in conjunction with Postfix config) to provide users with multiple flavors of tagged addresses that get different levels of protection from my draconian local SA rules and the local DNSBL (not queryable from outside although idiots do try) which lists space used by a whole lot of perfectly innocent people (literally billions) and more than a few part-time miscreants (e.g. SendGrid, MailChimp, etc.)

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole