On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Kai Tietz <ktiet...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2010/3/22 Doug Semler <dougsem...@gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 8:31 PM, NightStrike <nightstr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Doug Semler <dougsem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, in fact is this entry-point a no issue. By a recent patch, ld is
> able to select the proper entry-point without the need of specifying
> the -e <entry>. So this argument is in fact deprecated. Major pain
> here is the backward-compatibility necessary for older binutils. Buf
> for 4.6 I would prefer to make a crued break in support of older
> binutils versions (at least if configure for using no-underscore
> variant).

In light of that - the patch for ld --no-leading-underscores doesn't
work if you don't patch gcc to handle that...because the linker will
select default entry of 1000 because it isn't able to find
_dllmaincrtstar...@12 that is passed by gcc as the desired entry
point.   I guess the logic for the entry point in the linker could be
looked at though...